Your business is more than just a logo, product, or service - it's an entire experience. How you decide to promote your business will determine how consumers will interact with you. While digital marketing is extremely effective, signage (such as banners for poles and parking lots) is still an effective marketing tactic used by business owners inhabiting an array of industries. These banners work in combination with other marketing strategies, as business owners cast a wide net, to pursue and bring in customers.
In this new and competitive climate, banners are a viable option for businesses looking to do the following:
Catch the Eye of potential customers With intent
The purpose of banners is to catch the attention of potential customers from afar. Hanging from poles, consumers driving down the street (or on the highway) are more likely to see your company's name, logo, or other business-related graphics plastered on your banners. This increases the chance that they will stop by your brick and mortar location or search for for your business online.
The biggest benefit of banners is they are a relatively inexpensive form of marketing and have a long lifespan. They are easy to make and pay for themselves over time through the success of marketing campaigns.
Reinforce Your Company's Legitimacy
Another benefit of signage is that it adds credibility to your brand. It helps reinforce the notion of legitimacy, and a heightened degree of professionalism in the minds of consumers, which promotes trust and can boost your customer acquisition rate.
Setting up a Banner to Maximize its Effectiveness
To maximize the effectiveness of your signage, make sure your business's name and logo are visible to the public. Your banners should be positioned in a manner where potential customers can see them while driving or walking down the street, as well as from highways if they are in your proximity.
How do you Ensure Banners Are Set up Properly?
The most recommended method of setting up banners on poles is referred to as the "top-to-bottom" approach, at a minimum height of 15 feet from the ground.
- Step 1: Secure Banding – Follow the instructions concerning the appropriate banding positions, then attach the bracket to the pole using duct tape to temporarily hold it in place. To permanently secure the bracket to the pole, use metal bands and tighten them using a screwdriver or other tool, then remove the duct tape.
- Step 2: Install Arm and Secure – Insert the metal or fiberglass arm through the pole pocket of the banner, then insert the ends of the arm into the nose of the bracket.
- Step 3: Secure With a Zip Tie and Pin – Insert the metal pin through the nose and metal/fiberglass arm, then complete the process with the zip tie through the eyelet.
- Step 4: Finish – Tighten the banding, then clip any excess banding and zip tie with scissors.
Now that the top bracket is secured, perform the same process with the bottom bracket to ensure proper installation.
What banner sizes can you put onto different poles?
- With a 12-foot pole, the ideal banner size is 18" x 36".
- With a 16-foot pole, the ideal banner size is 24" x 48".
- With a 20-foot pole, banner sizes could range from 28" x 60" to 36" x 96".
Who Are We?
We are Ironmark. With over 60 years of print and marketing experience, we have helped companies varying in size find success in the marketplace by offering creative solutions to their unique marketing problems.
To learn how we can help take your business to the next level with creative marketing solutions, ranging from digital marketing to signage, contact us today.